Low-Carb Recipe: Nolechek's Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Here’s a creamy, savory, spicy entrée that lets you keep your low-carb and keto goals in line while feeling like you’re trying something new. Juicy chicken breast gets butterflied and stuffed with garlicy jalapeño cream cheese and then wrapped in Nolechek’s hickory smoked bacon before baking. …and if you don’t like heat, just leave out the jalapeño and green chile powder and enjoy a garlic cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped chicken breast without the spice!
We’re not going to do that blog thing that no one likes where we write 3 pages before getting to the recipe, either, so here you go:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 - 8 oz. package Neufchatel or cream cheese
½ C. jack or pepper jack cheese
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 jalapeño pepper, washed, seeded, and diced (optional)
½ tsp. green chile powder, if available (optional)
½ tsp black pepper
8 slices Nolechek’s Hickory Smoked Bacon
Additional salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Neufchatel, jack cheese, diced garlic, diced jalapeños, green chile powder, and black pepper together until well incorporated.
- Carefully butterfly your chicken breasts and pat them dry.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the cheese mixture into each chicken breast and close the chicken breast. Sprinkle the outside with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two strips of Nolechek’s hickory smoked bacon.
Pro tip: Soak some toothpicks in water overnight and use them to seal the chicken breasts and hold the bacon in place. Also, if you want crispier bacon, bake the strips for 5-7 minutes before wrapping around the chicken breast.
- Place your chicken breasts on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
- Nolechek’s Meats